Nature of our services and our work – Customs Clearance and transportation.
Description of processing – The following is a broad description of the way this organisation processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information – We process personal information to enable us to provide a transport service to our customers, maintain our accounts and records, promote our services and manage and support our staff. We also process personal information using CCTV system to monitor and collect visual images for the purpose of security and the prevention and detection of crime.
Type/classes of information processed – We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- education and employment details
- financial details
- goods and services
- visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- racial and ethnic origin
- physical or mental health details
- trade union membership
- religious and similar beliefs
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
- offences and alleged offences
Who the information is processed about – We process personal information about:
- suppliers and service providers
- complainants, enquirers
- professional advisers and consultants
- individuals captured by CCTV images
- offenders and suspected offenders
Who the information may be shared with – We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual them self and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons – Where necessary or required we share information with:
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal information we are processing
- current, past or prospective employers
- suppliers and service providers
- business associates and professional advisers
- financial organisations
- persons making an enquiry or complaint
- educators and examining bodies
- employment and recruitment agencies
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- central government
- police forces and security organisations
CCTV for crime prevention – CCTV is used for maintaining the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA), excepting contact details for international freight arrangements. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.